ON THIS BLOG YOU WILL FIND ALL SORTS OF GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUBA ... SEE TOPICS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER ON THE RIGHT SIDE

Monday 28 October 2013

I always fill my suitcase with gifts for the Cubans


During our first holiday in eastern Cuba I saw a tourist gave small cuddly toys at the children and they were very happy with it

The only toyshop that we have ever seen throughout Cuba was in Havana

Usually you see children playing in the street with a ball or they are creative with waste material


The next holiday to Cuba I have taken lots of little cuddly toys, bubble blowers and crayons packed in my suitcase

I had sent an email to family and friends with the question: "Who has little cuddles for me?" and before I knew I had two large bags filled

Since then I put the suitcases full of stuff for the Cuban children and pencils, toothbrushes, toothpaste and soap for the elderly people who have little income

The average monthly wage in Cuba is € 15 and soap and toothpaste is almost priceless .... if it`s already for sale









The faces of the children when they see the toys and understand that they may keep it is memorable






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. To prevent spam, I moderate all writen comments to my blogposts before publishing --- Dankjewel voor je reactie. Om spam te voorkomen, modereer ik elke reactie voordat deze definitief word geplaatst.